CHARACTER EDUCATION IN THE LEARNING PROCESS FOR THE GENERATION OF THE NATION

Wiwik Widiyati

Abstract


Educational approaches that rely on physical and intellectual abilities alone will only give birth to children who are intellectually smart (logic, language, count), but weak in self-development skills and a positive attitude and understanding of the emotional values (teamwork, empathy, leadership, steadfast, patient, etc). While most people assume that the measure of success of one's children is the extent to which he is able to achieve high marks in the subjects taught, such as science, Mathematics, Foreign Language, and so on. In fact, this ability is only a small part of the key person's intelligence and success. Results of recent research shows that "kuntribusi" IQ (intellectual intelligence) at most about 20% of the success of the life course, so that the remaining 80% is determined by other factors, namely a set of factors called Emotional Intelligence (EQ) (Daniel Goleman in Emotional Intelligence).

References


Arikunto Suharsimi. 2002. Dasar-dasar Evaluasi Pendidikan Cet.III. PT. Bumi Aksara. Jakarta.

Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan RI. 1993. Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia, edisi ke 2. Balai Pustaka. Jakarta.

Miarso Yusufhadi. 2005. Menyemai Benih Teknologi Pendidikan. Kencana. Jakarta

N.Y. Rustaman, dkk. 2003. Strategi Belajar Mengajar Biologi. JICA-UPI. Bandung:

Poedjiadi Anna. 2005. Sains Teknologi Masyarakat. PT.Remaja Rosdakarya. Bandung

Purwanto M. Ngalim. 1998. Prinsip-Prinsip dan Teknik Evalusi Pengajaran. PT.Rosdakarya. Jakarta.

Sabri Alisuf. 1996. Psikologi Pendidikan Cet.II. Pedoman Ilmu Jaya. Jakarta.

Sanjaya Wina. 2007. Strategi Pembelajaran Berorentasi Standar Proses Pendidikan. Kencana Prenada Media Group. Jakarta.

Slameto. 2003. Belajar dan Foktor-Faktor Yang Mempengaruhinya. Rineka Cipta. Jakarta:

Sudiono Anas. 1999. Pengantar Statistik Pendidikan. Raja Grafindo Persada. Jakarta:

Suparno. P. 1997. Filsafat Konsrtuktivisme Dalam Pendidikan. Kanisius. Yogyakarta.

Syah Muhibbin. 2004. Psikologi Pendidikan Dengan Pendekatan Baru Cet. IX. PT.Remaja Rosda karya Offset. Bandung.




DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.33477/bs.v2i1.140

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.